- Ensure accessibility & quality of health care to improve the quality of life of all Filipinos, especially the poor.
- Improve the general health status of the population (reduce infant mortality rate, reduce child morality rate, reduce maternal mortality rate, reduce total fertility rate, increase life expectancy & the quality of life years).
- Reduce morbidity, mortality, disability & complications from Diarrheas, Pneumonias, Tuberculosis, Dengue, Intestinal Parasitism, Sexually Transmitted Diseases, Hepatitis B, Accident & Injuries, Dental Caries & Periodontal Diseases, Cardiovascular Diseases, Cancer, Diabetes, Asthma & Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Diseases, Nephritis & Chronic Kidney Diseases, Mental Disorders, Protein Energy Malnutrition, and Iron Deficiency Anemia & Obesity.
- Eliminate the ff. diseases as public health problems:
- Diphtheria & Pertussis
- Vitamin A Deficiency & Iodine Deficiency Disorders
- Eradicate Poliomyelitis
- Promote healthy lifestyle through healthy diet & nutrition, physical activity & fitness, personal hygiene, mental health & less stressful life & prevent violent & risk-taking behaviors.
- Promote the health & nutrition of families & special populations through child, adolescent & youth, adult health, women’s health, health of older persons, health of indigenous people, health of migrant workers and health of different disabled persons and of the rural & urban poor.
- Promote environmental health and sustainable development through the promotion and maintenance of healthy homes, schools, workplaces, establishments and communities’ towns and cities.
Basic Principles to Achieve Improvement in Health
- Universal access to basic health services must be ensured.
- The health and nutrition of vulnerable groups must be prioritized.
- The epidemiological shift from infection to degenerative diseases must be managed.
- The performance of the health sector must be enhanced.
Primary Strategies to Achieve Goals
- Increasing investment for Primary Health Care.
- Development of national standards and objectives for health.
- Assurance of health care.
- Support to the local system development.
- Support for frontline health workers.