Evening care is one a way to refresh and prepare patients for sleep. This promotes relaxation on the patient (muscular relaxation) as well as prevents bed sores.
- To refresh the patient and prepare line him for sleep
- To promote muscular relaxation
- To prevent bedsore
II. Preparation of Patient and Environment
A tray containing:
- Basin of warm water
- Alcohol 70%
- Soap in soap dish
- Talcum powder
- Hair comb or brush
- Bath towel & wash cloth
- Pitcher of warm water
- Mouth wash tray with
- Mouth wash solution
- Tooth brush
- Kidney basin
- Linen required
- Allow patient to brush his teeth, wash his face, hands and forearms. If patient is unable to help himself do it for him.
- Turn patient to her side, unfasten her camisa and bath her back. Massage back with alcohol 700/0 or (skin lotion) paying particular attention to the bony prominences and other reddish pots on the back. Dust with powder
- If the patient is wearing a binder, remove it when giving care to the back. Inspect dressing for bleeding or discharge and changes or reinforce p.r.n. Return the binder in place.
- Brush and comb hair. Protect back and camisa with towel
- Fasten patient’s camisa Move patient to one side brush crumbs or dirt from the bed.
- Tighten beddings.
- Fluff up pillows and replace
- Replace ice cap or hot water bag p.r.n
- Give bedtime medicine if any. Attend to all patient’s request
- Place signal cord or bell within the reach of the patient.
- Remove all unnecessary things from the room: trays, dishes, etc. Empty waste basket.
- Adjust screen or blinds and light.