Practice Mode – Questions and choices are randomly arranged, the answer is revealed instantly after each question, and there is no time limit for the exam.
Exam Mode – Questions and choices are randomly arranged, time limit of 1min per question, answers and grade will be revealed after finishing the exam.
Text Mode – Text version of the exam
1.Which of the following is described as premature separation of a normally implanted placenta during the second half of pregnancy, usually with severe hemorrhage?
- Placenta previa
- Ectopic pregnancy
- Incompetent cervix
- Abruptio placentae
2. Check all that apply to incompetent cervix:
- occurs in 2nd trimester
- dilatation is painless and bloodless
- shortened cervical length
- minimal symptoms
3. Risk factors of incompetent cervix:
- history of incompetent cervix
- anatomic abnormalities
- cervical conization or surgeries
- DES exposure
- damaged cervix
4. The best time to treat incompetent cervix is between ___ and ____ weeks of pregnancy before the dilatation occurs.
- 12, 18
5. Restriction of activities and cervical cerclage are the treatments for __________ .
- Abruptio Placenta
- Placenta Previa
- Incompetent Cervix
Answer and Rationale
- D. Abruptio placentae is described as premature separation of a normally implanted placenta during the second half of pregnancy, usually with severe hemorrhage. Placenta previa refers to implantation of the placenta in the lower uterine segment, causing painless bleeding in the third trimester of pregnancy. Ectopic pregnancy refers to the implantation of the products of conception in a site other than the endometrium. Incompetent cervix is a conduction characterized by painful dilation of the cervical os without uterine contractions.
- A. 12, 18 weeks
- C. Incompetent Cervix